Have you ever guessed a woman's age?
If not or you would like some redemption from a previous attempt, here is your chance.
So what is your guess?
This young lady is 114 years old
Say hi to Leila Denmark from Athens, Georgia.
Leila was born February 1, 1898.
You heard me, at the end of the 1800's!
You see Leila was a Doctor and had practiced medicine for more than 70 years. Take a second to realize some of the world changing events she was present for, the entire industrial revolution, new vaccines, epidemics, massive wars, and thousands of deathly maladies. When Leila was 18, she wasn't allowed to vote, because WOMEN WERE NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE IN 1916! She experience the Women's Suffrage Movement.
Leila absolutely loved practicing medicine, connecting with others, and contributing to her world. She was so passionate about these concepts that she completely modeled her private practice on it.
Sounds nice, huh?
Somewhat ass backwards from our nation's current health insurance situation.
Leila Denmark passed away April 1, 2012 in her hometown Athens, Georgia.
Although she is no longer with us, Leila left some powerful information and life lessons gained through her life and never let go of her core belief,
18 Life Lessons from a 114 year old Doctor:
1. Don’t abuse your body with junk food
2. Love what you do
3. Drinking cow’s milk is dangerous
4. Do your best to help others
5. Too much sugar is not a good thing
6. A sense of humor is very important for longevity
7. As a doctor, it’s important to find the root cause of a problem
8. Children are not getting parental guidance and it’s wrecking this nation
9. Kids in daycare are deprived of attention and catch too many illnesses
10. We need to think about everything we eat and drink
11. “Let’s do” is easier than do
12. Anything you have to do is work and anything you love to do is play
13. During the Great Depression, 11,000 of America’s 25,000 banks closed (Save what you can, appreciate what you have.)
14. Never raise your hand or your voice to a child
15. Parenting has gone out of style
16. Children and adults should eat fruit instead of drinking fruit juices
17. Drink only water
18. The greatest change she’s seen in her lifetime has been the neglect of little children
Family Website: www.DrLeilaDenmark.com
Interview with Dr. Leila Denmark: http://www.sparkplugpeople.com/dr-leila-denmark-turning-113/